Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PowerHome General
 PowerHome Messageboard : PowerHome General
Subject Topic: "Scan All Device Database" not working Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Plano_Mike

Online Status: Offline
Posted: August 19 2006 at 14:17 | IP Logged Quote Plano_Mike

Dave--

I am now up nearly 50 Insteon devices in my house. PH has been stable and working pretty well. However, I have replaced a few devices and have noticed that over time a numbe of the devices in the PH "By Controller" screen were not in Verified status. I was going to try to get my devices into my Elk this weekend and get a second controller going with it, so I figured I would try to clean up my database first.

I tried clear the database and have PH rescan everyting using the procedure you described in LazyMans May 22 post (see http://www.power-home.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=731).

When I do "Scan All Device Database" step from a right click on the "Units" screen, nothing much happens. I have tried several times now, and only a single link has appeared in the "By Controller" screen. I have the 1.03.4.7-4 patch (I may try re-applying). All of my devices do appear in the "Units" screen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 20 2006 at 20:21 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

You'll want to watch the SDM3 log as PowerHome is verifying the links. If you see alot of eventraw=3 messages followed by a NAK message or SRIR failed, then you may have a communication problem. The first thing I would try however is to make sure that the SDM has all the latest, correct programming. From the PowerHome Explorer in the Insteon Devices screen, right click and open the Insteon DM Control. Press the "Download Core Application" button. When done, do the "Clear PLC Database" followed by "Add ID's to PLC". This should clear up any problems related to the PLC not communicating properly with your Insteon network.

Let me know how it goes,

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Plano_Mike

Posted: August 20 2006 at 22:11 | IP Logged Quote Plano_Mike

Dave--

I did as you describe and it does not seem to have solved anything.

Here is what my DM log shows:

8/20/2006 9:10:29 PM:nakmsg
ui:sendinsteonraw=00 00 00 01 86 F8 05 28 0F
uifinished:sendinsteonraw=00 00 00 01 86 F8 05 28 0F
si:00 00 00 01 86 F8 05 28 0F
PLC:sendinsteonraw=True
PLC:eventraw=03
PLC:eventraw=05
8/20/2006 9:10:34 PM:nakmsg

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 21 2006 at 00:59 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

Mike,

Definately looks like a classic communication issue. What the log is showing is PowerHome trying to peek a memory loction in device 01.86.F8. I would look up this device in your Insteon devices list and try to determine what is wrong with this device.

The bad news is that the current version of PowerHome will essentially "hang" on trying to communicate with this one device and no other background processing (foreground processing will still take place such as on/off commands from PowerHome) will happen until the problem with this device is cleared.

Let me know what you find out.

Dave.
Back to Top View dhoward's Profile Search for other posts by dhoward Visit dhoward's Homepage

Plano_Mike

Posted: August 21 2006 at 10:12 | IP Logged Quote Plano_Mike

Dave--

I had an Incon LampLink on the system which I was not using for the moment. Plugged it in, and all seems to be well at this point.

Many thanks as always!

Mike

ginigma

Posted: August 21 2006 at 17:42 | IP Logged Quote ginigma

dhoward wrote:
The bad news is that the current version of PowerHome will essentially "hang" on trying to communicate with this one device and no other background processing (foreground processing will still take place such as on/off commands from PowerHome) will happen until the problem with this device is cleared.

Ouch!
I've noticed similar comm issues where the device that's hanging is a Switchinc, which appears to be operating fine.
Will this "hang" issue be resolved in the next beta? Any timeframe?
Back to Top View ginigma's Profile Search for other posts by ginigma Visit ginigma's Homepage

Paul_PDX

Posted: August 28 2006 at 16:14 | IP Logged Quote Paul_PDX

I ran into this same situation last week -- I had received a dozen new appliance lincs and I built sql to add them all to powerhome. I only had one of them actually installed anywhere. The background scanning eventually got stuck on the one of them and power-home stayed useless for the next day until I noticed none of my triggers and macros had been occurring. I thought I could just uncheck "previous exclude" and they would be ignored but that didn't seem to do the trick so I deleted all of the unused ids.
Back to Top View Paul_PDX's Profile Search for other posts by Paul_PDX

dhoward
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 29 2006 at 23:33 | IP Logged Quote dhoward

This should be fixed in the next version. Communication stats are now stored and when a device is deemed unreachable, it will no longer cause the system to hang.

Dave.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version